Thursday, March 13, 2008

Souvenirs!

I don't want to jinx anything by talking about my voyage home too much. But as this is last weekend I'll have to go shopping. So what do you want from the Philippines?
So far I've purchased enough pearls to rebuild an entire oyster and enough rum to make you want to eat said oyster. Among other things that are delightfully cheap here are "barongs" (traditional Filipino shirts) and sarongs and basically everything hand made.
What do you want? What have you always wanted from the south pacific but could never quite justify the 15 hour plane flight?

Speaking of which, if you are in the south pacific one of these days, call me up! I can send you to every hidden paradise in these islands. I've traveled more than most of our engineers combined and have seen enough for to fill a dozen vacations.

No comments: