Friday, November 16, 2007

Homeward bound

I haven't posted in a long while (it was only 12 days ago but for me it was a life time). I've been running longer than 12 hour shifts at work and it's devouring my soul. I'm also having trouble counting the days; I feel as if there are four extra days between Monday and Tuesday and I've managed to get stuck in limbo between.

Speaking of a day that refuses to arrive: I should be on a flight home on Saturday!
The trip home will be more than a little bitter sweet but I'll get over it by sleeping the entire trip. At times I feel as if I've missed several years of events back home. Other times it feels as if the Bay Area just jumped from late Summer to Winter between the space of a blink.
I've forgotten what my apartment looks like, the way to work, what it's like to drive or bike or do your own laundry. I've forgotten what a jacket feels like or what it's like to own more than 7 shirts. I've forgotten what it's like to stay up past ten (while not at work) and to sleep in past eight. I've forgotten what unfriendly people are like to deal with. I've forgotten what you talk about on the phone with friends.
You may not believe me but trust me, the culture shock will definitely involve a downed power line and a bucket of salt water. I can only expect that it won't be boring!

Now for the bad news:
No one here is very concerned about me going home because all they want to know is when I will be coming back.
I can only guarantee that I will be in the states up until the 25th. Past that my schedule is up to the whim of the man. I do not have a plane ticket back to Manila so I can't give an exact time for my stay.
Damnit I want to see you all! So if you have a free day let me know and I will be sure to visit. I don't care if I run myself ragged driving across the Bay Area all week; I'll have time to sleep on the plane.


Hope to see you all soon!

No comments: