Monday, September 29, 2008

Kind readers

Wow... the dashboard on the right says that I missed posting in July, August, and most of September. I didn't go on hiatus or even die... I just stopped posting for no particular reason. So to my dedicated (and now possibly non-existent) readers, I'm sorry.
I've so much to cover I'll have to make this a multiple post. But that may mean I'll finish it some time around Christmas. Fortunately for me, Christmas has already started. Yes I'm still in the Philippines and am now entering my second year here.
On the anniversary (plus or minus a month) I went out for a few dives at my local dive haunt. Thomas and I did the infamous "The Canyons" dive which was a wicked strong drift dive. Basically the current that runs the length of western-Luzon coast runs pretty shallow right next to Puerta Galero. So we dive it to see the big ocean fish passing through. But we can only dive it when the ebb tide couteracts the prevailing current. At a mere 20% power, my mask was in iminent danger of being ripped off my face each time I grabbed a rock and looked upstream. Needless to say, I rarely repeated that maneauver. We were going at a pretty good clip and by the time the 45 minute dive was over, we were in the deep blue and very alone.
Later we hiked the length of White Beach to visit the famous "Lucas" reastaurant on the last spit of land on Mindoro. That the restaurant on the far right, Thomas in the foreground, Pauline in the center, and White Beach visible on the left.

Obviously I fell in love with the panoramic feature on my camera. You're going to see a lot more of those in the next few posts. The size seems small but on my origianls you can zoom way in and see the people. I want to take these and see how big I can get them printed and framed. Some should be half a wall sized.
The only other decent picture from that trip, I took at 5am on the way back to work on Monday morning.
That's it for now but I promise to get more posted in a bit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous.