Tuesday, September 18, 2007

When are you coming home?

I get asked that a lot and frankly, I didn't have a satisfactory answer. At least until I sat down and like a good geek) made graphs!
This was the original schedule (which you may recognize from a earlier post) with a few fancy improvements:I have a feeling the universe loves to spend it's free time conspiring against me. Just as I'm approaching the peak in that probability curve, I sat down to re-draw the graph. This is what I got on the same axis:
Hurts don't it? I have a flight scheduled for September 28th but as you can see that will be delayed. My visa expires on October 19th and as you can see means I have about a 30% chance of escaping before the authorities come knocking... the good money isn't on me. Because I have no intention of seeing the inside of a Filipino jail, I'll probably run off to Thailand or Laos in early October which will reset my visa. Maybe I can coerce the company into paying for the flight!

No comments: